Entry Fee & Inclusions
2023 Event Race Entry Fee
Extreme Race fee to be announced
Mini Race fee to be announced
Online entries only. No entries on the day.
Disciplines: Mountain Biking, E-Bike, Trail Running, Paragliding
Race Package inclusions:
Briefing dinner for athlete (support/second's meal for own account)
X-Berg Challenge Event 4-day / 2-day race
Prize giving dinner for athlete (support/second's meal for own account)
Entry Fee Package inclusions:
- All the Race organisation required for the event
- Ground support
- Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife Park entry fee for duration of event for participants (support/second to pay direct)
- 1 x live tracking device (per individual or 1 x per team) for duration of event
- Real time live tracking via the internet for duration of event (for support crew/fans/sponsors to follow online)
- Emergency/search & rescue back-up/support crew for duration of event **
- Suggested race route advise/GPS co-ordinates down loads/track down loads
- Re-supply box service at selected Turn Points en-route
- Goody bag per athlete
- Official race attire per athlete (option to purchase for your support crew, inquire)
- Official X-Berg Challenge medal per athlete
- Prizes for overall winners of the event and per category as well as spot prizes
- Briefing dinner x 1 per athlete (option to purchase for your support crew, inquire)
- Prize giving meal x 1 per athlete (option to purchase for your support crew, inquire)
- Overnight accommodation suggestions for participants/crew (cost of accommodation/meals etc en-route during race for own account)
** While in Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife areas you have emergency assistance per the park rules and regulations. When outside the Ezemvelo areas, the event organisers, Between Heaven and Earth, has medical assistance on stand-by, search and rescue is through Mountain Club South Africa and medical-evacuation is through your own medical aid insurance. The event organisers, Between Heaven and Earth, assist in facilitating emergency support throughout the race. During the event all participants and support crew is to first contact the Race Director for any emergencies.
Medical and evacuation insurance is compulsory (for own account).
Cancellation and Refund policy:
- Full entry fee is due within 48 hours of entry confirmation if successful auction. We reserve the right to cancel your entry if payment has not been received timeously.
- Once entered and paid up, you may substitute your entry with another athlete at R450 per person up to 8 working days before the event. Substitution have to be done in writing to email@example.com and payment need to be received within 24 hrs of the substitution. The athlete taking your place should complete the online registration on the same day.
- Cancellations 31 days or more before the event: entry fee is refundable less R850 cancellation fee. Cancellations have to be done in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations 30 days or less is 100% non-refundable and not transferable to a future event.
- If the race is cancelled due to terrorism, acts of god, natural disasters, or any unforeseen reasons etc., the organizers will make every effort to refund as much of the entry fee as possible to the athletes. Though, you should be aware that any refunds will be made after event costs have been taken into consideration. Given the high number of fixed costs associated with organizing the event any refund is likely to be minimal. The race is not to be re-scheduled.